Saturday, February 6, 2010

Officially a Member

I went to the open house this afternoon and it was wonderful! There were 3 middle-aged woman who happily greeted myself and Kristen. Their energy was so positive and upbeat- it reminded me of the things I loved most in college, such as Orientation, NCBI, and Middle Earth. I felt right at home because that's absolutely my kind of vibe. "K" and I were the only ones there so it was quick and simple. They gave us a bunch of little goodies and a basic overview of the WW program. I knew immediately that this was right for me, so I signed up then and there. I'm officially a member of Weight Watchers!

Now I just need to figure out which meetings to attend. I can look them up online, by time or group leader, but I won't know anything about the leader except their first name. The woman who did most of the talking today normally works at a different WW Center, so she didn't seem too familiar with the programming there. I wish I knew ages, weight loss amount, etc because that would probably be helpful to find a leader that most matches with my goals. Honestly, I get along with basically everyone I meet, so it really doesn't matter anyway. Instinctively, I'd say I'd like a young person who lost a lot of weight. But maybe having that "mother hen" will be more what I need? Besides, I'm sure the age range of actual members varies and there'll be others there my age. If not, oh well. I've never had a problem meshing with any group of people in my entire life! Piece of cake!

I'm very excited about this. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high because once my head is in the clouds, I start think outside realistic goals and ultimately end up disappointed. It didn't take me 6 months to get this way, so I hardly expect it will take a mere 6 months to undo it. I want to take it slow... to let the process work and really sink in. As I mentioned last post, there's a lot of identity transformation in weight loss and I don't think that's something to be rushed. I need time to slowly understand my new body and new lenses. But I have confidence that with this new support program, I can finally reach my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment